Forthcoming, late 2020. Write and publish in legal publications and library publications. Inform, educate, and persuade your readers. Price includes priority shipping within the US.
- Introduction and note to readers
- Chapter 1. Why write?: benefits and rewards
- Chapter 2. Writing well (in plain English)
- Chapter 3. Obstacles to writing
- Chapter 4. Writing externally for a legal audience
- Chapter 5. Writing externally for a librarian audience
- Chapter 6. Writing in various formats/different types of writing
- Chapter 7. How to begin
- Chapter 8. Effective writing habits and self-editing
- Chapter 9. Solo authorship or collaboration?
- Chapter 10. Writing groups and other feedback from colleagues
- Chapter 11. Working with editors
- Chapter 12. Dealing with revisions and rejection
- Chapter 13. Serving as an editor, peer reviewer, or editorial board member
- Chapter 14. Where to publish
- Chapter 15. Author guidelines and publication style guidelines
- Chapter 16. Library association activities, awards, and grants
- Chapter 17. Library school curricula; library student and law student writing and publishing
- Chapter 18. Published law librarians
- Chapter 19. Writing exercises
- Chapter 20. In conclusion: write and publish now!
- Selected resources
- About the Author