Fills in a huge gap in the literature. A go-to resource for librarians, lawyers, and legal researchers. 97 pages. ISBN 978-0-941991-06-7. Compiler: Elyse H. Fox, BA, JD, MSLS. Ms. Fox has worked as a law librarian for 40+ years. She previously practiced law in Chicago and Boston.
- Introduction and note from author
- What is a third-party legal opinion?
- United States third-party legal opinion practice
- Legal standards and opinion liability
- Law firm opinion practice
- Selected sources of legal opinion letters and discussion
- bankruptcy/reorganization/security interest/U.C.C.
- health care industry
- limited liability companies
- mergers and acquisitions
- real property/land use/environment/water/oil and gas/mining
- The players (legal organizations and bar associations)
- Bibliography: bar association materials, reports, statements (selected)
- Bibliography: treatises/books and chapters (selected)
- Bibliography: online and print articles (selected)
- Bibliography: CLE program materials and forms (selected)
- Law school curriculum (selected)