Write your annual report! Published in 2022. Author: Elyse H. Fox, BA, JD, MSLS. Ms. Fox has worked as a law librarian for 40+ years in law firm, corporate, membership, and academic law libraries. Previously she practiced law and taught legal research. She writes frequently on law library management, legal research, and legal bibliography.
- What is a library annual report?
- Why write an annual report? What librarians say (and write) about annual reports
- Purposes and benefits of writing an annual report
- Obstacles to writing the annual report; reasons why librarians don’t write one
- Operate your library/information center as a business within a business
- Writing your first report/writing after a lapse/writing after COVID-19
- Who should write the annual report?
- Always focus on your readers
- What to include in your annual report
- Specific formats and types of presentation
- Your quantitative data (metrics) and qualitative data (stories and testimonials)
- When to write and distribute it
- Feedback from your readers; meeting with management
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your annual report
- Excerpts from library annual reports
- Awards for library annual reports
- Writing exercises and style guidelines
- Get into the annual report mindset and write your annual report!
- Selected resources
- About the Author